Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Where the Beginning Ends: Part 2

Here's part two after some light proofing. I had some extra time to look over it while they repaired a hole in my roof that's unfortunately infested with ants...
--

Her eyes were solid brown, no whites or pupil; Two immensely deep pools of ebony that were a tonal companion to the dark wisps of hair that curtained a part of her face, gracefully falling to her shoulders and down her back. Sparse clothing draped her lithe frame; a torn white blouse, revealing her navel, and tattered brown shorts, covered with rough patchwork as if done by the hand of an amateur seamstress. Her beauty formed an incredible juxtaposition to her attire; a Venus in rags. She stood prominent within the dreadful atmosphere, putting every flower in the field to shame.

She approached without hesitation. Her eyes locked to mine as each footstep drew us closer. Her overwhelming presence wrought the air from my lungs. Her gaze prickling my skin with each pass. An awkward smile gradually crept across her face, seemingly taking delight in my squeamish reaction to the stare down, revealing a grimace of teeth that could rival a bear trap.
   
She circled me, surveying every nuance of my person: my clothes, my hair, my shoes, precisely prodding and touching with an assortment of rough, painful jabs and gentle caresses. Her slender hand reached out and rested on my chest, placed gingerly over my heart as she closed her eyes. Merely seconds had passed before a sudden and violent ejection launching me backwards, tumbling several meters through the flowers, only to roll to a stop by slamming against her, flanking me with an extreme speed. Her curious facade was now a stern expression. Words of an unknown language tumbled forth over her jagged teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment