Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Where the Beginning Ends: Part 1

This is one of the oldest short stories I've been working on. I've decided to post it in parts so that I can get feedback and edit accordingly. TL;DR something something wacky antics ensue

Edited 3/5/2015
--

The sea of golden flowers pulsed in the subtle breeze. Vivid memories tumbled forth from a mental tempest: a blinding yellow flash, gibberish, and small groping hands.  My wallet, cellular phone, and keys were no where to be found. The only belongings on my person were clothes and my watch, which had stopped working, both hands lying dormant over the six. Exuberantly yellow flora swayed methodically in the breeze, illuminated by the sun hanging in an unblemished sky over an even emptier horizon.

An overwhelming sense of dread hung in the air clashing with the sweet scent of flowers.

My blood turned to ice as I caught sight of the two glassy eyes sharply peering from the petals.

It crept slowly at first, quickening its pace before erupting, soaring high into the air forming a silhouette against the looming sun. Yellow petals tossed a strewn by the forceful entrance cascaded down as the being landed, serenading the entrance of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment